- This Regulation defines general terms and conditions, principles and way in which electronic services are rendered by ALL4JETS sp. z o. o. sp. k. seated in Warsaw, within the scope of website all4jets.com (hereinafter referred to as “the Website”).
Article 1 – Definitions
- Consumer – means a natural person making a legal action not directly related to his or her trade or profession.
- Password – shall mean a sequence of letters, digits, or other signs selected by the User during the Registration in the Web-Based Service that is to be used for the User’s Account access security purposes.
- Registration – shall mean actual actions, carried out in a manner determined in the Terms and conditions, which are required for the use of all Web-Based Service functions by the User.
- Service Provider – means ALL4JETS sp. z o. o. sp. k. with its registered seat in Warsaw (02-146), ul. Komitetu Obrony Robotników 48, NIP (Tax ID. No.): 5213648259, REGON (National Business Registry No.): 146653393, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the Sąd Rejonowy dla m.st. Warszawy w Warszawie, XIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the KRS number 0000459685, and at the same time the owner of the Website, represented by ALL4JETS sp. z o. o. with its registered seat in Warsaw (02-691), ul. Obrzeżna 1A lok. 67, NIP (Tax ID. No.): 5213645746, REGON (National Business Registry No.): 146537706, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs kept by the District Court for the Sąd Rejonowy dla m. st. Warszawy w Warszawie, XIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register under the KRS number 0000450520 with share capital in the amount of 5.000 PLN; e-mail: [email protected]
- Terms and conditions – shall mean these rules of the Web-Based Service.
- Training – a series of classes to obtain, supplement or improve skills by providing theoretical knowledge or practical.
- User’s Account – shall mean individual User’s panel that has been implemented to the benefit of this User by the Service Provider upon the User’s Registration.
- User – means the entity using the functionality of the Website, for which services are provided by the Service Provider.
- Web-Based Service – shall mean Internet websites, managed by the Service Provider, which are in co-operation within all4jets.com
Article 2 – General Terms
- All the rights to the Web-Based Service, including proprietary copyrights, intellectual property rights to its name, domain, website, as well as to patterns, forms, and wordmarks shall be the property of the Service Provider. The use of these items shall be exclusively determined by the provisions of these Terms and conditions.
- The Service Provider applies a mechanism of cookies, which – when the Users use the Website – are stored by the Service Provider’s server on the hard disk of a User’s terminal device(s). The use of “cookies” is intended to ensure correct operation of the Website by the User’s terminal device(s). This mechanism does not destroy the User’s terminal device(s) and does not change the configuration of the User’s terminal device(s) or software installed thereon. Each User can turn off the cookies in the browser of his/her terminal device(s). The Service Provider informs, however, that exclusion of cookies may cause inconvenience or prevent the use of the Website.
- The User shall have an active e-mail for the purpose of opening the User’s Account in the Web-Based Service.
- Uploading unlawful content and using the Web-Based Service, the Website, or unpaid services, which are delivered by the Service Provider, in an illegal manner, at contrary to good practice, with infringement upon personal rights of any third party, or infringement upon justified interests of the Service Provider by the User is strictly forbidden.
- The Service Provider declares that public nature of the Internet and the use of the services provided through e-services may be related to the risk of acquisition and modification of the Users’ data by unauthorized persons. For that purpose, the Users shall apply suitable technical equipment that would prevent against foregoing risk. Specifically, the Users shall apply antivirus and identity protection software. The Service Provider, at no occasion, requests the User to make the Password available.
- The User is not allowed to use the resources and functions of the Website to conduct activity that would violate Service Provider’s interests.
Article 3 – Registration
- For the purpose of creating the User’s Account, the User is obliged to proceed with registration.
- In order to proceed with the Registration, the User shall fill in a registration form that is made available on the Website by the Service Provider and then send it via e-mail to the Service Provider through the selection of suitable function placed in the Registration form. Individual User’s Password is selected during the Registration process.
- While filling out the registration form the User is given the opportunity to read the Regulations, accepting the contents thereof by marking a relevant field in the form.
- After submitting a completed registration form, the User shall promptly receive, to the e-mail address provided on the registration form, Registration confirmation by the Service Provider. At that time the contract is concluded for the provision of the User’s Account service by electronic means, the User shall get access to the User’s Account and the right to make changes to data given during the registration.
Article 4 – Services
- The Service Provider provides electronically to Users, paid and unpaid services. Services are provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The Service Provider renders the following free electronic services to Users:
- Contact Form;
- Job offer;
- User’s Account service.
- The Service Provider provides electronically to Users, paid service Training.
- Service Contact Form consists in enabling the Users send a message to Service Provider or to other Users. In order to use the service User fills out a form available on the Website and send the completed form electronically by selecting the appropriate functions contained in the form.
- The Job Offer Service involves enabling the User, by the Service Provider, to post an advertisement with a job offer on the Service Website. In order to use the service, the User fills out a form available in the User Account and sends a completed form electronically to the Service Provider by selecting the appropriate function included in the form. Advertisements are displayed on the Service Website in order they are added by Users.
- Newsletter service consists of sending by the Service Provider, e-mail address, electronic message containing notification of new information posted in the framework of the Website and commercial information sent by the Entrepreneurs via the Service Provider. Newsletter is sent by the service to all users who have subscribed to.
- Every Newsletter addressed to given Users shall include, in particular: information about the sender, completed field “subject” specifying the content and information about the possibility and manner of unsubscribing from the free service Newsletter.
- The User Account Service is available after Registration, involves enabling the User, by the Service Provider use the User Account through which the Service Provider is providing Internet Service Training.
- The Internet Training Service involves performing by the Service Provider a Training for individuals designated by the User, checking the level of knowledge of individuals participating in the Training by conducting an exam, and issuing the appropriate certificate to individuals who passed the exam. The service is provided through the User Account. Conclusion of an agreement for provision of electronic services is possible under the terms set forth in Article 5.
- The Service Provider shall be entitled to disable the access to the User’s Account and services in case the User acts to the detriment of the Service Provider or other Users, violates law regulations or the provisions of the Terms and conditions, or when blocking access to the User’s Account is necessary for the security reasons, specifically for the reason of breaking security systems of the Web-Based Service or any other hacker activities. Blocking access to the User’s Account and unpaid services for the foregoing reasons shall last for the period that is necessary to discover the grounds for disabling the access to the User’s Account and unpaid services. The Service Provider shall notify the User about intention to block the access to the User’s Account and e-services to the address given by the User in the registration form.
Article 5 – Order of paid services
- All the information included in the Website related to paid services shall constitute an offer of the Service Provider for the contract for paid services supplied by the Service Provider through the Web-Based Service to the benefit of the User.
- The User can accept the offer of the Service Provider to pay services on the Website 7 days a week, 24 hours a day via the Website Service.
- The User accepts the Service Provider’s paid offer by filling out the order form available on the Service Website, and then by sending the form to the Service Provider by selecting the „BUY AND PAY” button. Each time, before accepting the offer of the Service Provider, the User is informed of the total price, the duration and scope of services, as well as of all additional costs that are required to be paid in connection with the agreement for provision of electronic services.
- Before entering into an agreement for provision of the service, the User may agree, by checking the appropriate box on the service order form, that the Service Provider commences provision of services before the deadline for withdrawal.
- Prices on the Web-Based Service presented next to a sevices are gross prices.
- The final binding price shall be the price for the service specified on the Website at the moment of order placement by the User.
- The User is always informed by the Service Provider, on the Website of the Service, of the period in which the User is obliged to make payment in the amount resulting from the agreement.
- The User may choose from the following forms of payment:
- bank transfer to the Service Provider’s bank account;
- bank transfer via external imoje payment system served by ING Bank Śląski SA with a seat in Katowice.
- The paid service will be activated immediately after the payment is made by the User, and after the Service Provider’s bank account is credited with due amount. Time of validity of the paid service is calculated from a date the service is activated. Activation of the service is deemed the start of rendering the paid service to the User by the Service Provider. In the case of training courses provided through the Website, the User receives access to the course for the period of 30 calendar days. Should the access to the training course have to be prolonged, the User shall pay additional 5,00 EUR. The access will be prolonged for the next 30 days. In case of training package HF, EWIS, FTS – access to all these courses is given for 180 calendar days. There is no possibility to prolong access to the e-learning courses from this package.
- In the event the User fails to execute payment within the deadline referred to in Article 5.8 of Terms and Conditions, the Service Provider determines additional time for the User to make payment and notifies the User in this respect via e-mail. Information on the additional period for payment also includes information that after the expiry of this period the Service Provider withdraws from the agreement. In case of ineffective expiry of that other deadline for payment, the Service Provider will send the User, via e-mail, a statement of withdrawal from the agreement, pursuant to Art. 491 of the Civil Code.
Article 6 – Complaints
- The User may lodge a complaint related to the e-services provided by the Service Provider to the Service Provider. The complaint may be lodged via e-mail of the Service Provider. A notification form shall include the User’s Login and description of the problem. The Service Provider shall immediately, but not later that within 14 (fourteen) days, adjust the complaint and reply to the User’s e-mail address specified at complaint lodge.
Article 7 – Withdrawal from a contract
- The User who is a Consumer may withdraw the contract for the provision of electronic services without giving reasons, making a statement within 14 days from the date of the agreement. The notification term shall be preserved if the notification is sent prior to its expiration.
- The time-limit for withdrawal starts from the date of the contract for the provision of electronic services.
- The User may rescind the contract by submitting a statement on rescission. In order to comply with this time-limit, it is enough to send a statement before the lapse thereof.
- In the case of rescission of the contract, the contract shall be treated as if it had never been concluded.
- The Service Provider shall immediately, not later than within 14 days from the date of receipt of the User’s statement on rescission of the contract, return to the User all payments made by the User.
- The Service Provider shall reimburse the payment using the same method of payment as the one used by the User.
- The right to rescind the contract is not vested in the User being a Consumer as regards contracts for performance of services if the Service Provider fully performed the service upon express consent of the User being a Consumer.
Article 8 – Personal data protection
- The Service Provider shall be the controller of the Users’ personal data that were submitted voluntarily to the Service Provider during the Registration process.
- The Service Provider processes User personal data for the provision by the Service Provider of services by electronic means, and other purposes specified in the Regulations. Data are processed only pursuant to the provisions of law or the consent expressed by the User in accordance with the legal provisions in force.
- The User shall voluntarily submit his/her personal data to the Service Provider provided, however, that non-submission of specific data in the process of order shall prevent submission and fulfilment of the User order.
- Anyone who transfers his/her personal data to the Service Provider shall have the right of access to their content and the right to correct it.
- The Service Provider shall allow removal of personal data from the data set, in particular if the User’s Account is deleted. The Service Provider may refuse to remove personal data if the User violates applicable law, and keeping the personal data is necessary to explain the circumstances and determine the liability of the User.
- The Service Provider shall protect the transferred personal data and shall make every effort to secure them against unauthorized access or use.
- If a User selects a payment for ordered paid services through imoje system, User’s personal data shall be transferred to ING Bank Śląski SA company seated in Katowice, Poland in the scope necessary for accomplishment of an Agreement.
Article 9 – Termination of the Contract
(Does not apply to contracts concluded for a definite period of time.)
- Both the User and the Service Provider may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services at any time and without giving reasons, subject to the preservation of rights acquired by the other Party before termination of the above- mentioned agreement and the provisions below.
- Both the User and the Service Provider may terminate the contract for the provision of electronic services at any time and without giving reasons, subject to the preservation of rights acquired by the other Party before termination of the above-mentioned agreement and the provisions below.
- The right to terminate the contract due to Article 9 does not concern the possibility to terminate the contract concluded for a definite period.
Article 10 – Final Provisions and Amendment of the Regulations
- The content of the Terms and conditions may be reproduced through printing, recording on carrier or downloading from the Web-Based Service at any time.
- In the event of a dispute related to the concluded Contract of Sale, the parties shall seek to resolve the matter amicably. The Polish law shall be applicable to settlement of any disputes arising under these Regulations.
- Every User may use non-judicial complaint and redress mechanisms. The User may use mediation in this scope.
- The Service Provider reserves the right to amend these Regulations. All orders accepted by the Service Provider prior to entry into force of the new Regulations shall be delivered based on the Regulations in force at the date of placing the order by the User. The amended Regulations shall enter into force within 7 days from the date of publication thereof on the Website. The Service Provider shall inform the User 7 days before entry into force of the new Regulations about the amendment to the Regulations by email, including a link to the contents of the amended Regulations. If the User does not accept the new contents of the Regulations, the User shall notify the Service Provider about this fact, which shall result in termination of the contract in accordance with the provisions of Article 9.
- This version of Regulation shall come into force on 27.02.2019.